International Greening Education Network (IGEN)
To build a global educational community of practice committed to a sustainable Earth.
To provide a global forum that promotes and supports embedding of sustainability across the educational landscape.
- Foster cooperation and collaboration among members that advance sustainable development,
- Provide a strategic forum for policy discussions among the key stakeholders,
- Identify and promote leading practices on embedding sustainability in programs, courses and curricula and on greening the operations and facilities of educational settings at all levels,
- Encourage and support research, promote knowledge creation and sharing and support for the development of
- collaborative programs in the context of education for sustainability,
- Stimulate international debate on transformational learning about sustainability,
- Recognize institutions and professionals who are pioneers in making sustainability an integral part of teaching and learning,
- Launch initiatives to create global leaders in the field of Education for Sustainability.