UN Division for Sustainable Development
405 East 42nd Street, 10017 New York
The Division for Sustainable Development Goals (DSDG) in the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA) acts as the Secretariat for the SDGs, providing substantive support and capacity-building for the goals and their related thematic issues, including water, energy, climate, oceans, urbanization, transport, science and technology, the Global Sustainable Development Report (GSDR), partnerships and Small Island Developing States. DSDG plays a key role in the evaluation of UN systemwide implementation of the 2030 Agenda and on advocacy and outreach activities relating to the SDGs.
The work of the Division translates into five core functions:
- Support to UN intergovernmental processes on sustainable development;
- Analysis and policy development;
- Capacity development at the country level;
- Inter-agency coordination; and
- Knowledge management, communication and outreach.