Event on Clean Energy Transitions: Workforce, Policies, and Implementation Strategies to Ensure Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Clean Energy Transitions: Workforce, Policies, and Implementation Strategies to Ensure Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI)
6th December 2022, 8:30 EST
Brought to you by Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) initiatives, the Clean Energy Solutions Center (CESC) and Empowering People Initiative (EPI), this webinar will explore opportunities, challenges, resources, and key solutions to prepare the global workforce for a just clean energy transition. Presentations from expert speakers will highlight how to accomplish the clean energy economy with a focus on justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI). The webinar will also include an interactive component to build connections and share successful precedents aiming to support industry and workforce stakeholders, clean energy ministries, youth, and communities.
- Annette Hollas – Natural Resources Canada; EPI
- Rob Horner – U.S. Department of Energy; CESC
- Debra Rowe - United Nations Environment Programme - Youth and Education Alliance / Higher Education Sustainability Initiative (UNEP-YEA/HESI)
- Samah Elsayed - International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Frank Siebern-Thomas - European Commission - Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Olubunmi Olajide - Student Energy
- Raj Pandya - Thriving Earth Exchange
- Daniel Dang - Solar Power Europe
- Olga Strietska-Ilina - International Labor Organization (ILO)
The Zoom registration page for the event can be found here.