Creation of the HUC - Hemispheric University Consortium
On April 2018, a group of leaders from top-rated universities across Latin America, the Caribbean, Canada and the United States gathered in a historic meeting at the University of Miami. They discussed the concept of a hemispheric consortium to facilitate problem-based collaborations in education, research and innovation to generate the knowledge and solutions necessary to confronting the key challenges facing not only the hemispheric but also the globe.
Having the objective of forging a shared path forward and building bridges based on shared goals, the vision of HUC is that the future of higher education institution is an interdependent one, where unique partnerships are formed amongst equals, that are subject to mutual benefits and mutual accountability where knowledge is co-constructed. Research and innovation are shared and new generations of students across the Americas are transformed to become citizens of the world through academic collaborations.
As of today, the HUC has been embraced by the leaders representing 14 universities in Latin America, the Carribean, Canada and the United States :
- Universidad Austral (Argentina)
- Universidade de São Paulo (Brazil)
- York University (Canada)
- The University of the West Indies (Caribbean)
- Universidad Andrés Bello (Chile)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (Chile)
- Universidad de los Andes (Colombia)
- Universidad de Costa Rica
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (Dominican Republic)
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito (Ecuador)
- Tec de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Universidad de las Américas Puebla (Mexico)
- Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (Peru)
- University of Miami (United States).
Find more information about HUC and their current projects here.