Griffith University Strategic Plan 2013 - 2017
The Griffith University Sustainability Plan 2013-2015 identifies goals, objectives, KPIs, targets and strategies and associated accountabilities for executive management, teaching, research, community engagement and partnerships, and operational practice.
The most important identified goal is for Griffith University to be a sustainable university.
- Sustainability Teaching Programs;
- Research projects with a focus on sustainability;
- Community engagement;
- Operational practices focused on energy, waste, water, biodiversity, planning and development, purchasing and transport.
- Over 50 sustainability teaching programs;
- 15 research centres focused on sustainability;
- Carbon Management Plan being implemented.
Australia’s first teaching and research building powered by a combination of photovoltaics and hydrogen, incorporating hydrogen storage using metal hydrides. Completed in 2013.