Information and resources for Multi-stakeholder Partnerships
A multi-stakeholder partnership is a type of cooperation with the following features:
- It comes about with the participation of at least three of the sectors of business, civil society, academia, and government.
- It has shared goals, decision-making, planning, and activities among members.
- It aims to create shared value and transformative change at the societal level.
- It has a governance structure, e.g., steering committee and secretariat.
- Goals, stakeholder contributions, and responsibilities are usually defined in a memorandum of understanding.
Partnerships2030 promote multi-stakeholder-partnerships for sustainable development and offer services for the connection and the creation of potential partnerships with individualized and standardized trainings.