2012-2015 Indian Himalayas Climate Adaptation Programme
Current scientific evidence suggests instability in the Himalayan ecosystem as result of climate change impacts and increased uncertainty. Vulnerability is also increased as a result of cascading effects of changes in composition and distribution of natural resources – water, forest and agro-biodiversity.
In response, the Indian Himalayas Climate Adaptation Programme (IHCAP) is a project under Global Programme Climate Change (GPCC) of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
The IHCAP builds on capacity and knowledge enhancement related to three pillars:
• Scientific and technical knowledge cooperation between Indian and Swiss scientific institutions
• Strengthening Institutions for adaptation measures among vulnerable communities
• Mainstreaming adaptation policies for improved action in the Indian Himalayan Region
List of partners:
• Meteodat GMBH
• University of Fribourg
• University of Bern
• University of Geneva
• Himachal Pradesh Council for Science and Technology
• Himachal Pradesh Centre for Climate Change (HPCCC)
• GB Pant Institute for Himalayan Environment and Development (GBPIHED
Duration: 2012 - 2015
Find out more on IHCAP by reading the synthesis report.
For more information