European platform for community engagement in higher education
The European Platform for Community Engagement in Higher Education is a web resource to support universities that wish to address societal needs in partnership with their external communities, encompassing public, business and civil society.
The platform is a result of the project Steering Higher Education for Community Engagement (SHEFCE), funded from 2020-2023 by the European Union from Erasmus+ programme.
The platform allows users to:
- Explore how universities engage: With their communities, through institutional profiles or though featured practices.
- Join our network: Follow our events and connect with our experts for support and future collaboration.
- Apply the 'TEFCE Toolbox': A self-reflection framework for community engagement in higher education, and begin an action-planning process at their institutions.
- Reports & Resources: Explore reports, resources and other networks to further support community engagement.
Universities involved in the project so far:
- University of Vic – University of Central Catalonia (UVic-UCC), Spain
- University of Twente (UT), The Netherlands
- University of Sassari, Italy
- University of Rijeka, Croatia
- University of Girona, Catalonia, Spain
- University of Dunaújváros, Hungary
- University of Antwerp, Belgium
- University for Continuing Education Krems, Austria
- Technological University Dublin, Ireland
- Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Find out more about the European platform for community engagement in higher education.