Institute Of Energy And Sustainable Development
The objectives of the Institute are to:
- Conduct interdisciplinary research into energy and related fields; study international experience and technologies and promote their adoption in Georgia;
- Provide scientific input in energy-related education and contribute to raising awareness in the field by increasing access to scientific literature; translate scientific literature, compile selected readings and develop study programmes.
- Provide research input into energy policy development and strategic decision-making.
Key areas of activity:
- Study Georgian and international energy-related policies and strategies; provide long-term energy planning and conduct cost-benefit analysis of infrastructure projects;
- Study interaction of energy, environment, economic and social systems and issues relating to sustainable development by using system dynamics methodology;
- Assess the criteria and conditions of sustainable development;
- Study Sustainable Energy Technologies and promote their development and application by providing expertise for enhancing state policy and legal framework in this field;
- Explore cutting-edge technologies and best practices and examine the possibilities of their application in Georgia;
- Study energy markets, as well as issues relating to competition and regulations; adjustment to energy markets, licensing and tariff regulations.
Latest update: 05.12.2023