Waste Generation and Resource Recovery
USQ has introduced a diverse range of waste recycling streams in an effort to reduce the amount of wasted resources that would otherwise be buried in landfill every day.
Across-campus recycling programs continue to be rolled out with public place recycling stations located in six common areas around the Toowoomba campus with more planned for USQ's Springfield campus. Current recycling programs are in place for:
- paper (general paper and confidential waste) and cardboard
- eWaste (computers, mobile phones and other electronic equipment)
- toner and ink jet cartridges
- fluorescent tubes and other lamps
- co-mingled waste (glass, aluminium cans and plastic)