Comparative Research Programme on Poverty (CROP)
CROP is a scientific programme of the International Social Science Council (ISSC) based in the University of Bergen (UiB) Global, a unit specialized in international development that reports directly to the Rector of UiB. The objective of CROP is to produce critical knowledge for understanding, eradicating and preventing poverty.
- promote international, multi-disciplinary, integrative, critical and comparative research;
- produce knowledge with policy relevance apt to create opportunities for dialogue with policy makers;
- build capacity in the global academic community with particular attention to capacity building in the South;
- promote and enable pedagogical activities through graduate courses, summer institutes and innovative forms of graduate education (mainly virtual);
- publish and disseminate critical and innovative knowledge on poverty and poverty related issues.