Youth and Innovation Forum at the UN Ocean Conference
From June 24-26, 2022, the governments of Portugal and Kenya and the UN Global Compact will organize the UN Ocean Conference Youth and Innovation Forum, in cooperation with CEiiA, Cascais, Nova School of Business and Economics (Nova SBE), SOA, and with support from UN DESA.
The Forum will take place at the Nova School of Business & Economics in Cascais, Portugal.
The Forum is an opportunity for youth to contribute to the implementation of SDG 14 in alignment with the 2022 UN Ocean Conference theme: Scaling up ocean action based on science and innovation for the implementation of Goal 14: stocktaking, partnerships and solutions.
The objectives of the forum are:
- Feature youth-led solutions that address 2020 SDG 14 targets and propel the implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- Provide training, mentorship, investor connections, and networking within the public and private sectors to help young entrepreneurs and innovators scale their ideas and maximize impact
- Highlight the importance of a science-driven approach to businesses and policies that propel ocean action and innovation
- Engage young leaders as key drivers for change
- Give youth the opportunity to contribute to the UN Ocean Conference political process by facilitating input to the eight interactive dialogues
- Support youth participants in creating solutions to challenges around the 5 Tipping Points for a Healthy and Productive Ocean during the Innovathon
>> For further information please visit the dedicated webpage
>> Applications are open until April 25, 2022: APPLY HERE.
- Applicants must be ages 18-35 to be eligible to participate.