The Global Action Programme:
After three waves of submissions this year, ESD stakeholders have made 360 launch commitments , including an initial one by the IAU, to support the GAP on ESD that was launched on the 12th of November. The IAU invites you to consider submitting a commitment! (See links below).
The GAP has two objectives:
- to reorient education and learning so that everyone has the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes that empower them to contribute to sustainable development – and make a difference;
- to strengthen education and learning in all agendas, programmes and activities that promote sustainable development.
The GAP will focus on five priority action areas:
- Advancing policy;
- Integrating sustainability practices into education and training environments (whole-institution approaches);
- Increasing the capacity of educators and trainers;
- Empowering and mobilizing youth;
- Encouraging local communities and municipal authorities to develop community-based ESD programmes.
Kindly note that this news item was originally published in 2016.